In the final of the Ice Hockey World Championship, Germany meets Canada. Here's how to watch the game live on TV and live stream today.
Tampere - The German national ice hockey team actually made it and made it to the final of the World Championship. After a thrilling match, the DEB team won 4-3 after overtime against favorite USA and thus secured the silver medal. It's now all about gold against Canada. The German team is an outsider, but they showed in the tournament that they can beat any opponent.
"There's nothing more awesome than that, unbelievable, what the guys did today. We may have been a bit overwhelmed by emotion in the first 15 minutes, but we came back superbly. We don't have the most talent on paper, but we have our qualities and won't let it get us down," said star defender Moritz Seider on TV channel Sport1.
Germany vs Canada: Who will win the final?
Should the German national team succeed in creating a sensation against Canada, it would be the greatest German success ever. Germany had won bronze at the World Cup in 1934 and had even been runners-up in the World Cup in 1930 and 1953. At that time, however, the World Cup tournaments were nowhere near as busy as they are today. In 1953, for example, only four nations had participated in a group stage without knockout matches. Germany had won Olympic medals in 1976 (bronze) and 2018 (silver).
Germany is in the final against Canada. © IMAGO/Tomi Hänninen
Winning goal scorer Frederik Tiffels is confident to Sport1 and believes in the World Cup title against favourites Canada: "Everything is possible from now on. We've got something rolling. Why shouldn't we end this tomorrow?"
The DEB team will face Canada in the final of the Ice Hockey World Championship. The match will take place on Sunday, 28.05.2023, at 19.20 CET in Tampere, Finland. We'll show you where and how you can watch the game live on TV and in the live stream.
Germany vs. Canada: All information about the World Cup final on free TV
- The TV channel Sport1 will show the duel between Germany and Canada on Sunday, 28 May 2023, live and in full length on free TV.
- The broadcast will begin at 19 p.m. with the preliminary reports, the kick-off bully will then take place at 19.20 p.m.
Germany vs. Canada: World Cup final live stream on MagentaSport
- MagentaSport will show the duel between Germany and Canada on Sunday, 28 May 2023, live and in full length on free TV.
- The broadcast starts at 19 p.m. with the preliminary reports, the game starts at 19.20 p.m.
- However, in order to be able to watch the match on MagentaSport, a subscription is required. This costs 4.95 euros per month for Telekom customers with an annual subscription and 9.95 euros per month for customers without a Telekom contract.
Ski legend and ZDF expert makes illness public
"I didn't see it coming": Biathlon star (26) speaks of a "shocking" experience and ends his career
Next ski star ends his career – and starts directly into a new profession
Missing biathlete: new details of mysterious disappearance revealed
German biathlon hope: Will cross-country skiing jewel become the new Herrmann-Wick?
Fancy a voyage of discovery?
Germany vs. Canada: Final of the Ice Hockey World Cup in the live ticker
- We report on the final of the German national ice hockey team against Canada on Sunday evening in the live ticker.
- Important match scenes, goals and quotes from the match - you won't miss anything in our live ticker!