The coach of the XV of France, Fabien Galthié, assured this Wednesday in Marcoussis, that Mohamed Haouas, sentenced last week to one year in prison without a warrant of committal, will not be selected for the next World Cup in France (September 8-October 28). "Last week, when he got out of prison, I called him, I talked to him. I listened to him. I told him that he would not be selected. He replied that he understood, that he apologized to the players and staff, "explained the coach of the Blues, in a press conference.
- The 2023 World Cup calendar
As soon as the condemnation of the right pillar (16 caps) known, the French Rugby Federation (FFR) had reacted via a statement. "We express our dismay at this situation and condemn in the strongest terms all forms of violence, especially violence against women. Mohamed Haouas' behavior is unacceptable and incompatible with the representation of our nation at the international level," the statement said.
"An irreproachable respect for the values of respect and integrity"
The reaction of Serge Simon, vice-president in charge of France teams, was just as clear-cut. "Mohammed Haouas' conduct is contrary to the principles that underpin our sport and our national team. Being a member of the France team implies an irreproachable respect for the values of respect and integrity. Firmness is our duty in such circumstances.»