The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Football: "Basta, that's enough!", Oudéa-Castéra does not rule out bans on fan travel

2023-12-04T10:28:13.094Z

Highlights: Football: "Basta, that's enough!", Oudéa-Castéra does not rule out bans on fan travel. "Radical situation requires radical measures" "We need a comprehensive and extraordinarily determined response" "I don't think we can go on like this in football," she said. "We are going to take the initiative with the Minister of the Interior (Gérald Darmanin) "Enough is enough! That's enough!" says the minister.


On France Inter this Monday morning, the Minister of Sports reacted and announced drastic measures following the death of a nanta supporter


Will fan travel bans soon be commonplace in French football? After the death of a supporter of FC Nantes this Saturday night, stabbed by a VTC driver while a convoy of cars had been attacked by Nantes on the sidelines of the meeting between the Canaries and Nice, Amélie Oudéa-Castéra banged his fist on the table this Monday morning, on France Inter.

"We can't go on like this in football, it's not possible."

Sports Minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra (@AOC1978) is calling for "radical measures" after the death of a fan in Nantes this weekend, particularly on the movement of supporters#le710inter pic.twitter.com/cjjTFHKOpp

— France Inter (@franceinter) December 4, 2023

"I don't think we can go on like this in football," she said. I spoke at length with Vincent Labrune, the head of the Football League, yesterday (Sunday). He shares my dismay. If the Minister of Sports acknowledges that this situation "is not specific to France", citing "what happened ten days ago in Frankfurt with 50 police officers who were injured", she says that "we need a global response". "Radical situation requires radical measures."

"We need a comprehensive and extraordinarily determined response"

The last few weeks have been marked by numerous incidents in the stands and around stadiums in France. In addition to the death of this Nantes supporter, there was the attack on little Kenzo in Ajaccio, the firecrackers during Montpellier-Clermont, the attack on the Lyon bus in Marseille, another stoning of buses in Montpellier... inter alia.

" READ ALSOViolence in stadiums: despite recent events, a "satisfactory" season in France

"When the match presents a risk, you have to stop at the movement of fans," Oudéa-Castera continued. It is unavoidable to have a time to return to a situation of less violence. It's just not possible that we have police forces that are so overworked, property destroyed, buses stoned, people injured and now one dead. Enough is enough! That's enough! We are going to take the initiative with the Minister of the Interior (Gérald Darmanin), with the Minister of Justice (Éric Dupond-Moretti), with the Professional Football League, the Federation, all the clubs... What is needed is a comprehensive and extraordinarily determined response. »

Source: leparis

All sports articles on 2023-12-04

You may like

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.