The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Anti-terrorist investigation in Brest: suspects transferred to DGSI headquarters

2020-01-23T19:55:02.538Z

The seven men are suspected of having prepared a project of "violent action" in France and a departure for the Iraqo-Syrian zone.



The seven suspects arrested on Monday during an anti-terrorist call in Finistère were transferred to the headquarters of the Directorate General of Internal Security (DGSI), where their police custody continued on Thursday.

These seven men, aged 16 to 38, have so far been heard in several police stations in the department, notably in Brest. They were transferred Wednesday evening to the headquarters of the DGSI, in Levallois-Perret (Hauts-de-Seine), according to this source.

Among them is a man born in Syria and arrived in France in 2015. This 30-something man, who is said to have a Palestinian passport, obtained refugee status a few months after entering French territory, according to a source close to the investigation. . He is believed to have belonged to Daesh.

According to one of the sources close to the investigation, it would be the central figure of this cell, dismantled as part of a judicial investigation for "criminal criminal criminal association". Propaganda materials were seized by the investigators.

16-year-old suspect

Among the other protagonists is a 16-year-old high school student, son of a Brest merchant, as well as several people with “S” (for State Security) who are being followed up for their membership of the Islamist movement. radical.

One of them is the manager of a halal butchery in Brest. In the aftermath of the attacks of November 13, 2015, this man, in his thirties, had been arrested after having mimicked an automatic weapon firing on the passage of a police patrol.

After his arrest, € 15,000 had been discovered at his home as well as images of Islamist propaganda, according to the regional daily Le Télégramme. The case had earned him a suspended three-year prison sentence for "condemning terrorism."

Neither weapon nor explosive

This Brest trader is also suspected of having wanted to go to Syria in September 2014, in the company of his wife - described by the authorities as radicalized - and their two minor children.

Newsletter - The essentials of the news

Every morning, the news seen by Le Parisien

I'm registering

Your email address is collected by Le Parisien to allow you to receive our news and commercial offers. Find out more

The seven men are suspected of having prepared a project of "violent action" in France and a departure for the Iraqo-Syrian zone. No weapons or explosives were, however, discovered during the searches carried out on Monday.

Questioned on BFMTV Thursday morning, the Secretary of State for the Interior Laurent Nuñez recalled that the terrorist risk remained "very high" in France and specified that 60 attacks had been thwarted since the end of 2013. "We will know after these investigations whether or not we had the 61st, "he said.

Source: leparis

You may like

Trends 24h

Tech/Game 2020-02-16T17:29:54.618Z
Tech/Game 2020-02-17T13:50:55.626Z

Latest

tech 2020/02/17    

© Communities 2019 - Privacy