The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Photo-journalist attacked in Reims: a suspect indicted for attempted aggravated murder

2021-03-03T16:29:08.122Z

The circumstances of the attack were clarified by the public prosecutor. The tragic scenario which led to the violent aggression of Christian Lantenois, whose vital prognosis is still engaged, in Reims this Saturday is a little clearer this Wednesday. The man arrested on Monday was brought before a judge on Wednesday. “He was completely silent. He was indicted for attempted aggravated murder. He risks life imprisonment, ”said prosecutor Matthieu Bourrette in a press co



The tragic scenario which led to the violent aggression of Christian Lantenois, whose vital prognosis is still engaged, in Reims this Saturday is a little clearer this Wednesday.

The man arrested on Monday was brought before a judge on Wednesday.

“He was completely silent.

He was indicted for attempted aggravated murder.

He risks life imprisonment, ”said prosecutor Matthieu Bourrette in a press conference at the end of the afternoon.

According to the representative of the prosecution, the defendant has a Spanish residence permit because he would have grown up in Spain.

The individual is a 21-year-old man of Algerian nationality.

He was convicted 8 times in 2018 and 2019, for burglary, drug trafficking and group violence.

He had been imprisoned in the spring of 2020. He has lived in Reims for three and a half years in Croix-du-Sud.

It was he who, according to the investigation, struck the Union journalist first with his fists and then with the camera body.

The public prosecutor made a clear link with the profession of journalist.

"Mr. Lantenois was attacked because he was a journalist" reports the Union in its coverage of the press conference.

The assault lasted only 57 seconds

“Mr. Lantenois had a fracture of the rock (editor's note, part of the ear), a cerebral hemorrhage and was placed in an artificial coma.

Its vital prognosis remains particularly committed ”underlined Matthieu Bourrette.

We know more about the circumstances of the attack on the photographer.

“In total, the assault lasted only 57 seconds.

The blows were carried out in just a few seconds ”thus revealed the prosecutor.

“At 3:08 p.m. and 20 seconds, a first individual joined him and struck him several times in the head, including one when he was on the ground.

Blows were also carried by a long and cylindrical object: the camera of Mr. Lantenois.

At 3:08 p.m. and 46 seconds, a second individual beat Mr. Lantenois with sticks, ”said the prosecutor.

“Mr. Lantenois was trying to take pictures of individuals when he was spotted.

He did not have time to reach the cabin of his car.

»Remarked bitterly the man responsible for the judicial investigation.

The second individual who struck (less violent) when the journalist was on the ground has been identified but has not yet been arrested.

He is accused in particular of acts of "non-assistance to a person in danger".

“The individuals wanted to recover the snapshots taken by the victim.

We did not succeed in finding the memory card of the device ”added the magistrate.

Source: leparis

All tech articles on 2021-03-03

Similar news:

You may like

News/Politics 2021-03-26T10:22:45.985Z

Trends 24h

Tech/Game 2021-04-12T04:05:09.115Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy