The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

The former bell ringer of the bagad d'Auray, accused of rape, must be released from detention on Tuesday

2021-04-20T03:21:02.242Z

Loïc Le Cotillec indicted for rape and harassment, will be released from pre-trial detention on Tuesday and will be under house arrest.



The affair had made noise in the hushed environment of the Bagads. The former chief bell ringer of the bagad d'Auray (Morbihan), indicted for rape and harassment, will be released from pre-trial detention on Tuesday to be placed "under house arrest under electronic surveillance", we learned on Monday from judicial source. Loïc Le Cotillec “was placed under house arrest under electronic surveillance. The prosecution has not appealed against this decision ”, indicated the public prosecutor of Rennes Philippe Astruc, in an email confirming information from the lawyer of the music director of bagad. Created in 1951 by the railway workers of Auray,Kevrenn Alré (name of the bagad d'Auray association) is one of the oldest music and dance ensembles of traditional Breton inspiration and regularly performs abroad.

Loïc Le Cotillec had been remanded in custody on October 25, 2019. “He will be released tomorrow (Tuesday),” Sahand Saber, lawyer for Loïc Le Cotillec, told Le Parisien on Monday. The former "bagadoù" is being prosecuted for various counts, including rape, sexual harassment and malicious phone calls. "Justice finally seems to gain height and suggest the greatest caution in the face of the charges against Loïc Le Cotillec" said the Parisian lawyer of the respondent. "Those who want to condemn him too quickly must see in this decision a firm reminder of the principle of the presumption of innocence" concluded Me Saber.

“The alleged facts occurred between May and September (2019).

In one case, the aggravating circumstance by person in authority was retained, ”said the Rennes public prosecutor in January 2020.

READ ALSO>

The personality disorder of the Breton music prodigy, imprisoned for rape

The young man, composer and singer, took the reins of training in 2014 before his abrupt departure in September 2019, in the form of a "resignation". Me Sahand Saber, who obtained this summons decision, specifies that “with the support of the prison staff, my client has made great progress. His fight against his depression is showing encouraging results and he is now proving to be combative. He will strictly respect the obligations that accompany his house arrest under electronic surveillance.

Source: leparis

All tech articles on 2021-04-20

You may like

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy