The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Redon rave party: the evacuation caused more than 100,000 euros in damage, according to the organizers


Participants in the illegal rave party installed in Redon (Ille-et-Vilaine), on the night of June 18 to 19, denounce the breakage of the equipment

“There was no evacuation.

There was no seizure of material.

There was only destruction.

This is the bitter observation made by the revelers of Redon, in Ille-et-Vilaine.

On the night of June 18 to 19, at least 1,500 people from Bordeaux, Paris, Béziers, Geneva gathered in the vast meadow of a racecourse to party.

The illegal event was abruptly interrupted on Saturday afternoon, around 5 p.m., when the police cut off the sound and dispersed tear gas.

The evacuation of the site, with 400 mobilized gendarmes, was laborious and violent.


Redon rave party: gendarmes and revelers clashed all night

A few hours later, some participants denounce a rampage of their equipment in the columns of Ouest-France.

"The gendarmes acted with tonfas, axes and masses," reports Victor Lacroix, president of the Média'son association, known in the world of the free party.

They were animated by anger and destroyed the material, outside any legal framework.

Because it is a process which must decide the fate of the material, when it has been seized.


"We have passed a milestone"

The revelers estimate at "more than 100,000 euros" the amount of material damage.

“For a laptop and a controller, it costs between 1,000 euros and 2,000 euros.

An amp is worth 1,000 euros each.

They destroyed dozens of them, ”lists Victor Lacroix.

Those who rented this destroyed equipment will thus lose their deposit, "which often reaches 2,000 euros".

The president of Média'son also denounces a growing “repression” of rave parties: “We have passed a milestone.

We have never seen such a way of doing things.

"" Once again, the authorities have chosen violence instead of dialogue.

Rains of tear gas and grenades fell on a crowd who only wanted to party… ”, abounds the collective Teknival of forbidden music.

On June 17, the prefecture issued a decree prohibiting any teknival or rave-party, "faced with the risks of public order and health represented by this type of grouping".

"People could have fallen into the water"

Victor Lacroix feared that the police charge would have dramatic consequences, two years after the death of Steve Maia Caniço, in Nantes, during the music festival, in 2019. As a precaution, the emergency services had installed rubber boats on the river L'Oust, on the edge of the rave party.

Insufficient, judge the president of Media'son: “People could still have fallen into the water.

They were not ready, neither physically nor morally, for the police to intervene like that.


A 22-year-old Rennais had his hand torn off in circumstances which remain to be determined.

He must have been amputated.

An investigation by the Rennes prosecutor's office is underway.

During the night in #Redon, a young man lost his hand after the explosion of a grenade during the intervention of the gendarmes to prevent a free-party.

The young man evacuated conscious to the hospital.

- Remy Buisine (@RemyBuisine) June 19, 2021

The prefect of Ille-et-Vilaine, Emmanuel Berthier, evokes for his part "clashes of extreme violence", reporting "Molotov cocktail throws, pétanque balls, pieces of cinder block".

According to him, the gendarmerie had in front of it "people who had an objective: to do battle with the public force".

This gathering also comes after new elements concerning the investigation into Steve's disappearance. Friday, the prosecutor Philippe Astruc had announced that, according to the investigation, the young man had fallen in the Loire “in the time of the intervention of the police” to disperse the gathering in which he participated. Steve's body was found over a month later.

Source: leparis

All tech articles on 2021-06-25

You may like

Trends 24h


© Communities 2019 - Privacy