The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Chaos at the Stade de France: two men referred for violence against gendarmes


These young people are suspected of having thrown glass bottles at soldiers on May 28 during the final. They have been identified

They were identified using facial recognition.

A biometric technology used by the French gendarmerie and police since 2013 and which makes it possible to solve more and more cases.

Two men in their twenties were arrested on Monday in Paris and Épinay-sur-Seine (Seine-Saint-Denis) by police officers from the special cell created following the chaos at the Stade de France during the Champions League final on May 28, we learned from a source familiar with the matter.

These two young people were placed in police custody for aggravated voluntary violence against the gendarmes during this nightmarish evening.

Facts that occurred in a meeting, with weapons and targeting persons holding public authority.

Clearly, the evening of the incidents, the respondents, who could be tried this Wednesday afternoon in an immediate appearance in the Bobigny court, are suspected of having been part of the group of thugs who threw bottles at the soldiers.

They allegedly confessed while in police custody.

Thanks to the videos transmitted in particular by the gendarmes and the urban supervision center of Saint-Denis, the police officers of the cell reconstruct the scene of the attack.

Before the match, between 30 and 50 young people manage to recover the glass bottles that the spectators could not carry inside the stadium and start throwing them at the gendarmes.

The soldiers end up charging.

The first time is not enough.

They are again subjected to projectile jets.

Two gendarmes will file a complaint.

During the second charge, the attackers end up fleeing.

The investigators managed with the images to digitize the faces.

A reconnaissance was then carried out with the photos of the processing of the criminal records.

And that matched with the two suspects who apparently were on file for offenses under the Aliens Act.

While in police custody, the two suspects allegedly confessed.

This is the second case elucidated in a week by the special cell created to investigate the incidents at the Stade de France.

A man, arrested a few days ago, is to be tried on October 18 for assaulting Spanish spectators and injuring a police officer shortly before the final.

Source: leparis

All tech articles on 2022-09-28

You may like

Trends 24h


© Communities 2019 - Privacy