A 22-year-old man, released Monday in Amiens in the case of the assault of the great-nephew of Brigitte Macron, was banned from appearing in Paris for three months after his arrest Tuesday near the starting point of the Parisian demonstration against the pension reform, said the Paris prosecutor's office on Wednesday.
He had been arrested near the Invalides with a helmet and gloves, said Tuesday a police source. According to the Paris prosecutor's office, he was presented today to a delegate of the prosecutor who closed his case, subject to compliance with a ban on appearing in Paris for a period of three months.
Relaxed 24 hours before
The young man was released Monday "with the benefit of the doubt" by the judicial court of Amiens where he appeared with two other men for the assault on May 15 of Jean-Baptiste Trogneux, grand-nephew of the wife of the head of state.
VIDEO. Assault of Jean-Baptiste Trogneux: 12 and 15 months in prison for two of the three defendants
He had presented himself at the bar as a freelance journalist on TikTok. Already convicted of violence, he can neither read nor write and had assured not to have touched Jean-Baptiste Trogneux.
His two co-defendants, with the profile of marginals like him, were sentenced to twelve and fifteen months in prison.