The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Threats of attacks in schools: two minors and a 20-year-old man were arrested

2023-09-21T18:35:59.730Z

Highlights: Two minors, aged 15 and 17, and a 20-year-old man were arrested Wednesday as part of an investigation into threats of attacks sent to several schools. On Tuesday and Wednesday, high schools were evacuated in Seine-Maritime, Seine,Saint-Denis, Hautes-Pyrénées and Yvelines. Several schools in Rouen were evacuated Tuesday and eight others Wednesday. In Tarbes, some 1,400 students from the Marie-Curie high school were evacuated and grouped in the Maurice-Trélut stadium.


Dozens of schools have been targeted by threats of attacks in recent days. This Thursday, a 15-year-old minor was in


Investigations into false bomb threats are becoming clearer. Two minors, aged 15 and 17, and a 20-year-old man were arrested Wednesday as part of an investigation into threats of attacks sent to several schools, forcing their evacuation, according to a source close to the investigation.

The 15-year-old minor was arrested in Arpajon (Essonne), the 17-year-old in Combs-la-Ville (Seine-et-Marne) and the 20-year-old man in Tarbes (Hautes-Pyrénées), said the source, confirming information from M 6 / RTL. On Tuesday and Wednesday, high schools were evacuated in Seine-Maritime, Seine-Saint-Denis, Hautes-Pyrénées and Yvelines.

Several high schools evacuated

In Seine-Maritime, seven schools had been evacuated Tuesday and eight others Wednesday, mainly in Rouen, following "messages of threats of commission of attacks" sent "in the morning of this Tuesday, by email, to the management of the establishments", according to the prefecture. "No threat has been (...) confirmed, "said the prefecture, specifying that an investigation had been opened by the prosecutor of the Republic of Rouen.

In Seine-Saint-Denis, about a thousand students of the Paul-Eluard high school in Saint-Denis were evacuated Tuesday morning after receiving a malicious email reporting a threat, said the prefecture of Seine-Saint-Denis to AFP. In Tarbes, some 1,400 students from the Marie-Curie high school were evacuated and grouped in the Maurice-Trélut stadium following an email threatening attack addressed to the principal, confirmed the prefecture.

" READ ALSO "An effect of mimicry": do social networks amplify false bomb threats in high schools?

In the Yvelines, the Charles-de-Gaulle high school in Poissy was also evacuated after a bomb threat, according to a police source.

Source: leparis

All tech articles on 2023-09-21

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.