A new stage in the investigation opened after the death of a man who was hit by a stray bullet in Dijon (Côte-d'Or). Several people are said to be in police custody a week after the incident, the prosecutor's office announced on Saturday. An investigation had been opened for "murder by an organised gang".
As of Thursday, four people had been arrested, but the suspected shooters, at least two in number, were still at large, according to the prosecutor's office. Within a week, a suspicious car was found by investigators, but no weapons were found on board.
The arrival of the CRS 8 in Dijon
Around 8 anti-narcotics operations have also been carried out in the Dijon area in a week since the arrival of the CRS <> on Sunday evening, a brigade specialising in urban violence and drug trafficking.
On the night of November 25 to 26, a 55-year-old man was killed in his apartment in Dijon, the collateral victim of shots that did not seem intended for him and were aimed at "a deal point" located under his windows, said prosecutor Olivier Caracotch.