The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Mainz: e-bike battery sets residential house on fire

2019-09-13T12:19:29.681Z

In Mainz, a residential building has caught fire and thus made uninhabitable. Apparently caught the battery of a parked in the courtyard e-bike fire.




A battery of an e-bike has triggered a fire in Mainz. This communicated the fire-brigade. No one had been injured, but a residential building is now uninhabitable.

According to the fire department, the bike was standing in a courtyard when the battery caught fire on Thursday afternoon. The flames then moved from the courtyard to the building. "A resident heard a loud bang," said a spokesman for the city. However, she was able to escape to the open air and remained unhurt.

Two windows burst according to the speaker. In addition, a power line was damaged. It had incurred a property damage in the five-digit range. According to the fire department had to open the roof, several blankets and panels in search of embers. The residents of the house were housed in an emergency shelter.

Source: spiegel

You may like

Tech/Game 2019-11-12T04:23:09.237Z
Life/Entertain 2019-10-02T02:56:27.844Z
Tech/Game 2019-09-02T03:19:23.109Z
Life/Entertain 2019-11-12T04:23:15.052Z

Trends 24h

Tech/Game 2019-11-12T17:07:58.066Z
Tech/Game 2019-11-12T16:16:58.239Z
Tech/Game 2019-11-12T18:58:52.249Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy