Six people, out of the 45 demonstrators taken into police custody on Saturday on the sidelines of the demonstration banned in Paris in support of the Palestinians, were the subject of the first legal proceedings on Sunday, mainly for violence, said the Paris prosecutor's office.
Police custody continued Sunday evening for five people, while the procedures were closed for 34 demonstrators, including 16 after a reminder to the law (of which Prime Minister Jean Castex has also announced the imminent disappearance), and 18 for “insufficiently characterized” offenses according to the prosecution.
Of the six protesters prosecuted, three are to be tried on Monday in immediate appearance and two have accepted a plea-guilty procedure, the sixth having benefited from a criminal composition, a procedure intended to sanction low-gravity offenses.
After a demonstration banned in Paris
All of these demonstrators were arrested on Saturday, in particular for suspicion of "participation in a group formed for violence", "participation in a gathering after summons", "violence on the police" or for contempt. .
Between 2,500 and 3,500 people according to the authorities - 4,500 to 5,000 according to the organizers - gathered on Saturday in small groups in the Barbès district of Paris, causing sometimes tense face-to-face meetings between demonstrators and forces order in the north of Paris.
Clashes in Paris, a gendarme injured in the head
A massive police deployment - 4,200 police and gendarmes mobilized with instructions to disperse "immediate" - had prevented the demonstrators, who planned to go to Bastille, to deploy a procession.
A total of 367 people were fined in the capital, the Interior Ministry said on Saturday evening.
The ban on the gathering, taken Thursday by the Paris police prefect, Didier Lallement, at the request of the Minister of the Interior, Gerald Darmanin, for “risk of disturbances”, had been confirmed Friday by the administrative justice.