The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

Bomb threat against carnival parades in Bochum: no cancellation

2024-02-12T13:44:44.959Z

Highlights: Two carnival parades in Bochum had to start late on Monday afternoon. The threat was an email distributed on social media that threatened ‘booby traps’ “People’s safety has absolute priority,” Bochums police said in a statement. The trains would be delayed by one to one and a half hours. The train inBochum-Höntrop should start at 3 p.m., the one in BoChum-Linden at 4 p. m.



As of: February 12, 2024, 2:27 p.m

Comments

Press

Split

The police secure an operation site.

© Jan Woitas/dpa/Symbolbild

Because of a written threat, two carnival parades in Bochum had to start late on Monday afternoon.

The train in Bochum-Höntrop, which had around 25,000 registered participants, and the carnival parade in Bochum Linden, which had around 35,000 registered participants, were affected.

Bochum - According to dpa information, the threat was an email distributed on social media that threatened “booby traps”.

A Bochum police spokesman did not want to comment further.

After receiving the threat, “intensive police measures” were taken to ensure security, the Bochum police said in writing.

“We are doing everything we can do,” said the spokesman.

The trains would be delayed by one to one and a half hours.

The train in Bochum-Höntrop should start at 3 p.m., the one in Bochum-Linden at 4 p.m.

“People’s safety has absolute priority,” it said in a statement.

The “WAZ” and WDR had previously reported.

dpa

Source: merkur

All news articles on 2024-02-12

You may like

News/Politics 2024-02-12T12:54:57.375Z
News/Politics 2023-10-23T09:56:56.468Z
News/Politics 2023-10-23T13:37:10.928Z

Trends 24h

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.