The Limited Times

Now you can see non-English news...

They find another 1,000 abandoned and unidentified bodies in the La Plata cemetery

2024-02-26T23:12:43.059Z

Highlights: audit ordered on the La Plata Cemetery seems like a tour through a horror movie. Last week, 500 unregistered coffins and 200 bodies in bags had appeared. For now there are no accused or suspects. The current ruling party points against the authorities who were in charge of the commune, and therefore of the administration of the cemetery, between 2015 and 2023. The municipality also said that it will provide the data and elements necessary for identification. The Silver Correspondence is published by MG MG MG.


It was in the audit carried out by the new municipal management. They were discovered during a tour of other deposits. Last week, 500 unregistered coffins and 200 bodies in bags had appeared.


The audit ordered on the La Plata Cemetery seems like a tour through

a horror movie

.

This Monday, municipal authorities reported the discovery of

“another thousand remains”

without identification, without registration and lacking any conservation measures in other spaces of that public necropolis.

It happens less than a week after the auditors found 500 abandoned and unmarked coffins on that same property located on one of the city limits.

And 200 bags of waste containing human remains that were assumed to have belonged to citizens whose remains were once buried or deposited in niches in that mortuary center.

As confirmed by sources from the administration of Mayor Julio Alak (Unión x la Patria), this Monday while touring other warehouses and rooms of the complex that has more than 24 hectares, they found another thousand abandoned and unidentified human parts.

As happened with the previous episode, it is unknown

how long they have been in that state

and how they were not discovered before.

These and other questions must be analyzed by prosecutor Cecilia Corfield, who received the criminal complaint and all the actions carried out by the municipal inspectors.

For now there are no accused or suspects.

The current ruling party points against the authorities who were in charge of the commune, and therefore of the administration of the cemetery, between 2015 and 2023 (intendance of Julio Garro, of JxC).

Last week, the children of

Julio López

– the bricklayer who disappeared after testifying in a trial against the

former head of the Bonarense Police during the dictatorship, Miguel Etchecolatz

– asked to analyze whether their father's remains could be among those piled up bones. .

López was illegally detained during the dictatorship and then disappeared in democracy.

They were never able to find a trace of this man who lived in Los Hornos.

In the La Plata cemetery last week, 501 abandoned closed coffins and 200 bags with skeletal remains appeared.

Through their lawyer, the victim's sons, Rubén and Gustavo López, presented a brief to the Justice to declare a measure of "not innovating" in order for the genetic material of the 501 coffins to be "urgently" compared. and more than 200 bags with human remains found.

The municipality also said that it will provide the data and elements necessary for identification.

For now there has been no progress at the judicial level, according to

Clarín

.

“We are collecting all the information and then it will be determined what the crime would be and if it is possible to charge someone,” they explained in the La Plata Courts.

For the task of recognition, the La Plata community has the support of the Missing Persons Directorate of the Ministry of Security.

It is led by the experienced specialist and anthropologist, Alejandro Incháurregui, from the Argentine team that worked in the search for remains of those who disappeared during the dictatorship.

And he also participated in similar tasks in other countries.

Here they will seek to implement a program for the burial of the remains, “taking into account the dignity that is inherent to them due to their condition as the human beings they were,” they said in the municipality.

Total abandonment in the La Plata cemetery.

The remains appeared in four different places.

At one point, officials from the previous administration told

Clarín

that those sites

had been closed since the 2013 flood.

And that former judge Luis Arias was working there, who carried out an investigation parallel to that of the then government and detected the record of 89 deaths due to the climate phenomenon.

It was also explained that the National Commission for the Right to Identity, headed by Claudia Carlotto, took part there.

However, the official denied that this agency had intervened on that occasion.

And she clarified that she never worked with the organization in the La Plata cemetery.

The Silver.

Correspondence

MG

Source: clarin

All life articles on 2024-02-26

You may like

Trends 24h

Life/Entertain 2024-04-19T19:50:44.122Z

Latest

© Communities 2019 - Privacy

The information on this site is from external sources that are not under our control.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.